Saturday, September 6, 2014

City Bowl Express - Ventura, CA

My girlfriend's were in Ventura doing girlie, fun things so they called me to meet them after I was finished up with the horses. After my chores were done I slapped on some make-up, pulled on the sportiest clothes I had hanging in my closet and bee lined for Ventura. Yee-haw!

Next to the nail salon the girls were in there was a place called City Bowl Express that sold fast food Chinese. I was curious if they possibly served Boba Teas and to my delight they did! Score! What is a Boba Tea you ask? "Boba" are large, chewy tapioca pearls that rest at the bottom on the drink. You are given a large straw to slurp up the boba and drink at the same time. It is weird but really cool all at the same time.  

While they made my Boba drink I looked over the day's selection of Chinese Food. Nothing caught my eye...

But my outfit did! I was surprised I put this fun look together so quickly! The restaurant had a wall of mirrors so selfies were totally easy!  

 And here is my Boba! I ordered the Strawberry and it came out like a smoothie with the boba on the bottom. The drink itself was very refreshing as it was hot in Ojai and I did not drink near enough water.  The boba were plentiful and required lots of chewy mid drink. I thought it was fun for about 5 minutes and then the novelty wore off! Ah well, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: